Search This Blog

Sunday, 5 December 2010

Rochford Spectacular 4th December 2010




The Parish Council should be congratulated for staging this event, a vast improvement on 2009. I'm sure there will be some out there who snigger at these small town christmas festivals, but despite just about every type of adverse weather you can imagine there was a good attendance and people seemed to be genuinely enjoying theirselves. They are of course also an opportunity for local businesses to earn some extra trade. I smiled at the queue of young ladies, average age 8, waiting outside the Take That (tribute) Trailer waiting for autographs. Shame on the young lady who spoilt the illusion by saying "they're not the real Take That, you know!" Maybe not this year, but if the momentum continues what about 2011? Just one moan, I noticed one of the sponsors was Colonnade LLP - the owners of Coombes Farm. Shame on you, Rochford Parish Council, for accepting their money... how much was it though???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.